Salary: £55,000 – 65,000
Lamington Group is looking for a motivated Operations Manager to make an industry-changing impact in rolling out the world’s first hometel brand, room2, whilst also continuing the development of the Lamington Apartments.
room2 hometels is an innovative new brand and concept created by Lamington Group, focused on a nationwide rollout. room2 has market-leading guest experiences and a growing reputation in challenging the stagnant and soulless hotel market with a design and experience led hometel product.
Hometels is a new sector of the hospitality industry created by room2. They sit between hotels, Airbnb and serviced apartments, and deliver the comforts and flexibility of home combined with the best bits of a hotel, plus the experience of Airbnb.
room2 currently have hometels open in London and Southampton, with sites in development in Chiswick, Belfast, Liverpool and Manchester, along with an exciting pipeline of further properties to total 750+ keys.
About Mission Works
Mission Works is a community-centric coworking brand based in Hammersmith, that invigorates, inspires and facilitates ambitious people to achieve their purpose at work. It is a place for creative collaboration, idea cross pollination, and a place for personal growth. It seeks to enrich the local community through the provision of a hub for creative combustion and organic interactions, for members and non members. The space is designed with holistic wellbeing at heart, with local artist displays and a strong sustainable focus. It is a place to nurture and celebrate the impossible dreams, the unconventional ideas and the pioneering minds behind them.
About Lamington Group
Lamington is a 50-year-old family-owned and run real estate investment and development business based in London. The business has a significant property holding and operates in residential and short term apartments under the Lamington Apartments brand.
You will be responsible for our portfolio of existing properties and future pipeline across the UK, comprising co-working spaces, hotels and serviced apartments.
- Increase operational efficiency, facilitate growth and drive the different brands within the business forwards. Ensure strategic objectives are translated into business plans with key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensure the delivery of a positive customer experience for guests, members and residents to build brand loyalty and affinity, increase revenue, improve brand reputation and acquire new customers.
- Constantly drive efficiencies and make use of all resources at your disposal, coordinating and collaborating with all teams in order to achieve delivery of key performance metrics. Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximise value for money.
- Inspire and empower the team whilst leading by example. Lead engagement initiatives that champion a high-performance culture and great place to work which supports the company’s business objectives. Constantly raise the level of talent through strong hires and by providing the opportunities to develop the existing team member skills and operational capabilities.
- Managing the site the leads to assist them in delivering to their budgets and targets.
- Manage budgets and P&L and ensure financial reporting is completed accurately and timely. Sign off expenditure within budget.
- Manage the pre-opening for new sites working collaboratively with functions and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the F&B performance, strategy and concepts. Manage all F&B operations to deliver an excellent customer experience, maximising sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Mitigate all risks, uphold best practices and comply with industry regulations across all sites. Responsible for Health and Safety and risk assessments across the portfolio.
- Create a culture that is built on continuous innovation and improvement to ensure operational excellence. Provide recommendations or a view on potential improvements for new products or services.
- Proactively manage supplier partnerships to ensure the delivery of products and services at the optimal balance of cost vs quality.
- Use data to drive or inform key decisions and use metrics to effectively evaluate and set goals.
The successful candidate will have strong operational experience managing multiple departments within branded properties. You must have great communication skills and high emotional-intelligence, with the ability to communicate across all levels.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in property or hospitality (required)
- Minimum 3 years multi-site operations management experience (desired)
- Pre-opening experience (required)
- Sufficient understanding of hotel M&E in order to troubleshoot (required)
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified (desired)
- UK driving licence & own car (desired)
See other roles