Exciting Interior Experience role at room2 Hometels by Lamington Group, including new brands room2 lite and Fulham Town Hall.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
room2 Hometels are looking for a motivated individual to take a lead in the interior design and interior experience of the world’s first hometel brand, room2. The individual has the opportunity to craft a world class hospitality experience within a growing pipeline of hometels, but managing design and touchpoints. This creative role is perfectly suited for a hands on individual with a flair for interior design, a drive for innovation, and high standards for client experience.
Lamington is a 50-year-old family-owned and run real estate investment and development business based in London. The business has a significant property holding and operates in residential and short term apartments under the Lamington Apartments brand.
room2 hometels is an innovative new brand created by Lamington Group, focused on a nationwide rollout. room2 has market-leading guest experiences and a growing reputation in challenging the stagnant and soulless hotel market with a design and experience led hometel product.
Hometels is a new sector of hospitality created by room2. They sit between hotels and Airbnb, and deliver the comforts and flexibility of home combined with the best bits of a hotel, with the experience of Airbnb.
room2 currently have hometels open in London and Southampton, with committed sites in development in Chiswick, Manchester, Liverpool, Belfast and Fulham Town Hall, along with an exciting pipeline of further properties to come. The 2030 target is 5000 keys open and delivered across the UK.
room2 is working with Stephen Lloyd, ex Founder and MD of Hoxton Hotels as our brand and operation advisor. In addition room2 has secured Mark Harris, ex MD of UK Real Estate for Carlyle Group who is our Strategic Investment Partner and is steering the roll-out and capital raises.
To manage the interior design of new property openings, working closely with internationally award-winning external designers on individual stylings for each location. You will help create a stand out design which takes confident design risks, innovates and challenge the status quo of typical hotels. You will drive design around the ‘hometel’ concept, which focuses on details, layering and storytelling.
To review and create existing and new opportunities to add purposeful yet memorable touchpoints to the customer journey, from customer acquisition, through to departure. room2 looks at surprising new ways to stand out from the crowd, and we are always improving. room2 has market leading guest experiences and it is our mission to cement the position of Number 1 apart-hotel brand in the UK.
- Work closely with the company Directors and Property Team during all phases of the design process from concept to handover
- Work with all external design agencies from design to graphic to brand strategy which impact and enhance the overall guest experience
- Create, prepare and present design concepts for review
- Develops design drawings (bespoke furniture, lighting, joinery, layouts) & schedules
- Work within ff&e and os&e budgets
- Source and procure items at all stages of the construction and installation
- Ensures regular reviews at key design stages with the design team
- Manages FF&E & sourcing to target budgets and timetable on a daily level
- Assesses and manages prototype stages of bespoke pieces
- Attends regular site visits at key stages
- Assists FF&E install and maintain sample library
- Review and create new guest touchpoints
- Assess leading hotels and companies outside hospitality for innovation
- Develop, design and present ideas for implementation to directors.
- Roll out approved experience enhancements
- Work on all points on the customer journey with all depts.
- Take a lead in execution, managing external resources, and see through to completion
- Create gantt chart of ideas for implementation
- Previous hospitality design experience is essential.
- 4+ years of experience in Hospitality design. Residential experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Interior Design
- Millwork and drawing skills (in Revit or Autocad)
- Experience in being part of a collaborative design environment
- Knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources, industry trends
- Thrives in a fast paced dynamic, creative environment
- Product development a plus
This role is suited for a highly motivated, ambitious and creative individual with a proven track record of interior design and/or creating exceptional experience touchpoints, who wants to make a real difference to a fast growing brand.
If you believe you are suitable for this role, apply now.