Brand: Lamington Group
Lamington Group is looking for a motivated Development Manager to join a growing team and exciting company, to make an industry-changing impact to the continued roll-out of 5,000 keys for the world’s first hometel brand, room2, but specifically lead the creation and development of an innovative new budget hometel concept, with a 10,000 key target over the next 10 years. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced development manager with a passion for creating amazing user-centric spaces, have an eye for detail, and skills to balance multiple projects at once. Experience with modular and sustainable development is preferred.
About Lamington Group
Lamington Group is a family run 53-year-old real estate business based in Hammersmith. The group develops and operates real estate, with a focus on the accommodation sector. The business strategy for the next 10 years is the continued expansion of its hometel brands in the growing extended-stay market.
Hometels is a new sub-sector of the hospitality industry coined by Lamington Group in 2018. They sit between hotels, Airbnb and serviced apartments, and deliver the comforts and flexibility of home combined with the best bits of a hotel, plus the experience of Airbnb.
room2, the World’s first hometel brand currently has properties open in London and Southampton, with additional sites in the pipeline in Chiswick, Liverpool, Fulham, Belfast and Manchester, along a pipeline of over 1000+ units close to agreement. room2 has market-leading guest experiences and a growing reputation in challenging the stagnant and soulless hotel market with its design and experience led hometel product. Lamington Group’s new budget hometel brand is in advanced design and development for a highly scalable roll out to achieve 10,000 keys internationally by 2030.
The Group has a very strong positioning within the extended-stay segment of the hospitality market, which has had relative success during Covid. The company benefits from very strong agent, developer and investor support to support the growth ambitions.
Working with the design and development team, you will project manage and take responsibility for the delivery of new hotels under 2 hometel brands, built in house or with external developer partners. The role will span from initial appraisal, space planning, design, development through to practical completion. You will be able to handle multiple sites at all different stages of design and development, and be able to effectively manage programmes, budgets, stakeholders, and external consultants. You will work closely with property teams, vendors and project consultants to ensure that all design projects are completed on time, on budget, and executed to an exceptionally high standard.
Our culture is corporate and relaxed, but professional and hard working. We have big visions to create and deliver the next generation of hotels, driven by a purpose of creating hotels with personality, personality hotels, removing stiffness and less corporate and we have a team who are committed to making a difference.
The role will require special focus into modular hotel construction and also in building with net-zero goals at the forefront of decision making.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Undertake day to day delivery of multiple projects
- Draft Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
- Undertake contract administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Monitor and report on the contractors’ progress against the contract programme
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is done in compliance with the contract
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know-how (Insight).
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally experience to include some of the following – interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial closeout of contracts.
- Good knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
Skills & Behaviours
- Demonstrable track record of delivering residential and/or commercial development projects
- Professional qualification of the appropriate level
- Ability to interface with clients, demonstrable track record of doing so
- Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to articulate current issues specific to the Commercial market
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of sustaining client relationships
- Pro-active approach – able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude – able to respond to the needs of the business
- Process-driven with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
- Conveys accurate information through effective communication using the most appropriate methods to adapt it to the audience ensuring mutual understanding.
- Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time
If this is for you, apply now!
See other roles