Salary : £30,000 per annum
Missionworks is a community-centric coworking brand based in Hammersmith, that invigorates, inspires and facilitates ambitious people to achieve their purpose at work. The new opening in Hammersmith is set to become one of London’s most iconic co-working destinations.
We are located within the iconic Grade II listed ‘Mission Hall’ located on Iffley Road in Hammersmith. Through its varied past since 1894, the building has been a hub for the local community, acting as a church hall, school, kitchen, workers club and artist studio to the theatre drape artist John to the communities of Brackenbury Village and the surrounding suburbs.
Missionworks is a place for creative collaboration, idea cross pollination, and a place for personal growth. It seeks to enrich the local community through the provision of a hub for creative combustion and organic interactions, for members and non members. The space is designed with holistic wellbeing at heart, with local artist displays and a strong sustainable focus. It is a place to nurture and celebrate the impossible dreams, the unconventional ideas and the pioneering minds behind them.
We are looking for a motivated Community Manager to be the linchpin of the property and its members, fostering a culture of togetherness and belonging, for a community of creative souls, running an invigorating program of events for the wider community of wellness, arts and education.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, taking pleasure in getting to know people and care deeply about helping them. They will help build community ties and engagement, once again putting the iconic building back at the heart of the community.
About the role
- Managing all member requests, needs, and relations within the community
- Curate events, ranging from yoga to mindfulness classes to life drawing
- Greeting prospective members, giving tours of Missionworks, and following up
- Registering new members and acclimatising them Missionworks community
- Managing the monthly membership billing cycle
- Creating and monitoring new organisational systems to increase our efficiency and improve our community
- Generating weekly reports on our membership, events, F&B etc revenue
- Field incoming space and membership inquiries and requests via drop in, email and phone, as well as assisting all visitors and guests
- Manage the guest CRM to keep membership data and information up to date, working with marketing teams to generate relevant consistent communications to current and prospect members
- Dealing with any member complaints first hand
Strikes the perfect balance between professional and relaxed
- Responsible for maintaining the space and our quality standards, including the kitchen space, coffee bar, offices, co-working and events areas
- Maintenance management, issuing jobs and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner by your maintenance manager
- Responsible for managing the cleaners and ensuring the site is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Responsible for day to day management of the honesty bar style F&B space
- Undertaking training as required (Fire Marshall / First Aid etc)
Planning and coordinating onsite events e.g. talks, yoga
- Ensuring that there are events that invigorate your community
- Establishing and developing working relationships with suppliers and contractors, including coordinating site deliveries
- Establish relationships with local community members and businesses to source event designs, suppliers and teachers (where relevant)
- Responsible for your own budget and spending within those limits
Playing a central role in a rapidly growing industry and community
- Meet weekly with the commercial and operations teams to ensure we are working as one to drive the brand forward!
- Proactively generate membership sales activity and lead generation campaigns to drive single users and business accounts
We’re looking for someone who is experienced in managing a community. You will essentially be running your own small business, so there’s not much you won’t be doing. We are looking for:
- A people person: You have to love people. We can’t stress this enough. The community manager must engage their community with a smile and friendly demeanour every day. The ability to create a community requires a highly sociable and diplomatic person who is comfortable, assertive and friendly at the same time.
- Comfortable and confident sales person: It will be your responsibility to run your space and meet your financial sales goals every month.
- A motivated problem solver: This job requires the ability to resolve many unique problems. We need a person who can resolve those issues without micromanagement or constant supervision.
See other roles