Business Development Executive
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Lamington Group is looking for a passionate Business Development Executive to make an industry-changing impact in the development and growth of the world’s first hometel brand, room2, whilst also building an industry-leading sales structure. The individual has an opportunity to take a blossoming, young brand and really make their mark during a fast-paced nationwide expansion.
room2 hometels is an innovative new brand and concept created by Lamington Group, focused on a nationwide rollout. room2 has market-leading guest experiences and a growing reputation in challenging the stagnant and soulless hotel market with a design, and experience-led hometel product, which has proven its resilience with outstanding performance during Covid-19.
Hometels is a new sector of the hospitality industry created by Lamington Group. They sit between hotels, Airbnb and serviced apartments, and deliver the comforts and flexibility of home combined with the best bits of a hotel, plus the experience of Airbnb.
room2 currently has hometels open in London and Southampton, with sites in development in Chiswick, Liverpool, Belfast and Manchester, along with an exciting pipeline of further properties to total 1000+ keys.
About Lamington Group
Lamington is a 50-year-old family-owned and run a real estate investment and development business based in Hammersmith, London. The Group has a growing family of brands, including Lamington Apartments, Lamington Lettings, Missionworks, room2 and room2 lite, and has a particular focus on expansion in the extended-stay sector which is the fastest-growing segment of the UK’s hospitality industry.
To grow corporate-based revenue and client base across our room2 properties. Achieved by driving awareness through proactive relationship building and lead generation with bookers, industry stakeholders and new clients. At the same time consistently deliver outstanding customer experience and account management services for existing clients whilst supporting the Sales Manager to develop an industry-leading sales platform and system.
The Core Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct consistent lead generation campaigns growing active pipeline
- Identify and convert new business leads driving corporate and group segments
- Execute annual sales strategy in line with overriding business objectives
- Provide corporate market/booker insights and updates via a connection with industry and clients
- Provide regular competitor insights and updates
- Proactive relationship building with stakeholders and networking via event attendance/tradeshows and localised market presence
- Identify opportunities from existing bookings to convert to corporate accounts driving direct and repeat business
- Account Management of existing and new Tier 3 corporate accounts
- Reporting on sales activities, future prospect business and contracting via sales CRM.
- Conduct famils and site visits for key bookers and prospective clients.
- Develop, attend and host events for new prospect corporate accounts and existing clients.
- Surprise and delight key corporate bookers/guests to generate positive word of mouth and repeat business.
- At least 3 years experience in B2B sales, preferably in the accommodation sector
- Experience creating and delivering unique lead generation campaigns
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to convert leads in a fast-paced sales environment
- A love of talking to people. You are an extroverted individual who doesn’t shy from picking up the phone and knocking on doors, with a smile of course!
- Experience working with modern CRM systems to streamline sales activities and report effectively
- Strong creative and idea generation skills with an innovative mindset. We are an innovative, forward-thinking organisation and we are seeking to disrupt the hospitality industry with new ways of working.
- Own car and full license. You’ll be out and about between our properties and visiting clients.
- Strong internal and external communication and stakeholder management, time-management and organisational skills
- Understanding of Southampton and West London corporate accommodation markets
- Experience working across multiple properties/sites, and executing sales strategies for a new brand or product launches
- Salesforce experience – we are building a leading bespoke and customised sales platform
- Experience working with or for start-up organisations or brands
This is a great opportunity for a proactive, shark-like salesperson, to make their mark during our covid-recovery and then in the launch of our room2 Chiswick property in Q3 2021, with further properties coming online in 2022.
What we offer
- £28,000 base salary plus uncapped commission (negotiable based on experience)
- Mobile phone and Linkedin Navigator account
- Mileage on all work-related travel
- Discounted accommodation rates at any of our Lamington Group properties for family and friends
- Cycle to work scheme and flexible working arrangements in modern offices
- Career progression as the company grows across further sites and brands
- Monthly social events and team events
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
See other roles