Lamington Group is looking for an experienced Brand Manager to make an industry-changing impact in rolling out and enhancing the world’s first hometel brand; room2, launching Missionworks; a new holistic co-working brand whilst also continuing the ideation and development of new brands. The individual has the opportunity to take a portfolio of blossoming, young brands and really make their mark during a fast-paced nationwide expansion.
room2 hometels is an innovative new brand and concept created by Lamington Group, focused on a nationwide rollout. It has market-leading guest experiences and a growing reputation in challenging the stagnant and soulless hotel market with a design and experience led hometel product. Hometels is a new sector of the hospitality industry which sits between hotels, Airbnb and serviced apartments, and deliver the comforts and flexibility of home combined with the best bits of a hotel, plus the experience of Airbnb. room2 currently has hometels open in London and Southampton, with sites in development in Chiswick, Liverpool, Belfast and Manchester, along with an exciting pipeline of further properties to total 750+ keys.
Launching Spring 2021, Missionworks is a holistic co-working brand, that invigorates, inspires and facilitates ambitious people to achieve their purpose at work. Set to become one of London’s most unique co-working destinations, it is located within the iconic Grade II listed ‘Mission Hall’ on Iffley Road in Hammersmith.
About Lamington Group
Lamington is a 50-year-old family-owned and run real estate investment and development business based in London. The business has a significant property holding and also operates in residential and short term apartments under the Lamington Apartments brand.
To develop and enhance a portfolio of market-leading hospitality brands which support the national growth ambitions of Lamington Group.
In order to achieve this, the focus will be on growing brand awareness and enhancing the brand fundamentals of existing brands; room2 hometels, Missionworks & Lamington Apartments, whilst creating unique guest experiences which reflect the values of the brand(s) and generate positive word of mouth both offline and online.
You will also serve as a custodian of the brand(s) and ensure all internal and external touchpoints reflect the brand ethos. Your ability to deliver brand refresh projects and develop new brands from early stage will be crucial and as such you should be adept at drawing on and managing a strong collection of internal and external specialist resources and freelancers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities:
Brand & Design
– Manage the direction and creation of onsite collateral to assist guest communications and brand awareness in-line with brand principles and frameworks
– Develop brand material, guest comms and investor documentation to support growth of the brand(s) with consistent TOV and engaging, bespoke design.
– Work with teams to enhance brand identity and design through creative execution, and visual exploration.
– Manage brand refresh processes in order to enhance existing brand frameworks and delivery
– Be the guardian of the brand, consistently living the brand values and ensuring compliance across organisation in line with brand frameworks
– Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on brand ideation and the creation of new brand concepts
– Be a brand champion, acting to ensure the distillation of brand values to onsite teams via training and internal communications
– Support senior management with concept development and adhoc brand projects
– Develop and support onsite guest, partner and client events from ideation to execution, strengthening brand experience and creating opportunities
– Consistently review guest journey, looking for ways to enhance the guest experience and create unique/memorable moments
– Review physical on-property collateral, materials and signage to develop bespoke and engaging ways to enhance the brand and guest experience.
– Manage the development and sourcing of products, gifts and branded collateral for sales/guest promotions and giveaways, driving long term awareness.
– Work with design teams to create brand touchpoints throughout spaces and new properties, bringing to life key stories and creating unique experiences
Partnerships & Collaborations
– Manage existing brand partnerships looking for opportunities to strength and enhance collaborations
– Research and pro-actively seek new partners to drive brand awareness and enhance positioning
– Assess partnership opportunities and provide recommendations for support
– Drive programmes of ongoing brand events utilizing partner relationships to improve guest experience
● At least 5 years experience in marketing and/or brand roles
● Experience creating and developing new brands whilst enhancing existing ones
● Strong understanding of guest experience, and ability to innovative to deliver unique guest journeys
● Experience guiding design direction of creative assets to enhance brand delivery and engagement
● Well connected within creative and marketing industries and previous experience recruiting, managing and directing agencies and/or freelance resources
● Experienced in seeking and driving brand partnerships and collaborations
● Strong internal and external communication and stakeholder management, time-management and organisational skills
● Experience within hospitality sector would be useful but not essential
● Previous experience working with interior design teams to connect physical experience with brand
● Experience working across multiple brands, balancing workloads and priortising
● Experience working with or for start-up organisations or brands
● Creative or marketing degree educated
This is a great opportunity for a strong brand marketer, to make their mark in the development of an exciting portfolio of brands and significantly contribute to the expansion of the organsiation.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
See other roles